Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Vacation

Hey everyone!
I am SO excited right now, because last night we officially bought our flight to L.A. for January 10th. We are planning to go to seaworld, disneyland, and a few other super fun things with some of our closest friends. I can't wait. I will get to celebrate for finishing school finally. Luckily it is still a month away which gives me lots of time to keep working out. I ran 4 miles yesterday, and I had fully intended on running 4 more today but my arches are KILLING me. Like I can't even walk normal. Damn flat feet. How can my arches hurt when I don't even have any?? Since I didn't run today I did an hour of stretching and then broke out my ballet shoes to keep warming up and strengthening my feet. When I lose more weight I really want to get back into ballet. I use a New York City Ballet workout/stretching DVD when I want something more relaxing. I'm giving my feet another day to rest but then I am kicking up the training this week, I will do a 4 mile and 3 mile run Thursday and Friday and then finish the week with 7 miles on Sunday. I am hoping to fit in some strength training one day too. I can't wait to kick up the workouts next week since I no longer have school or homework! I have another motivating race to keep me on track! I registered for the 13.1 series half marathon in L.A. for January 13th. It starts at 7 am which means I will need to leave by 6 am. Oh well, I think I can sacrifice one early morning to run through Venice Beach. I am super excited but really nervous because there is no limit so 50,000 people could show up and there is a time limit by which you need to finish in. My goal is to finish in 2 hours 30 min. If it's crowded though that might not happen. I live in a pretty small place, so even the really busy races the crowds thin out pretty quick. I am off to go finish my last bits of homework. Happy Tuesday!

Anyone run some busy races and have advice? How do you handle foot pain? How is your Tuesday?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Taber! I love your blog design. My advice for large races is get there early so that you can be as close to the front as possible. For foot pain, I use ice and biofreeze. The biofreeze is great for all pains and aches. Good luck with your race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and thanks for the tip! I am going to try that this weekend, I have a long run planned so I''m sure I'll need it. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete